While outside on the nature trails, the students explored their surroundings and focused in on finding dragonflies. They counted 22 of them near the water sources! (some might have been the same, but they were encouraged to keep counting.) The preschoolers saw them dance, fight and land on their clothing. Teacher Mrs. Pfefferman shared the following fun facts about dragonflies:
- Dragonflies don't sting and generally don't bite people.
- They have been around for 300 million years.
- When first hatched, the larva or nymphs live in the water for around a year.
- People in Indonesia like to eat them for a snack.
- Having a dragonfly land on your head is considered good luck.