We are counting down the days until we see your smiles and share in your laughter!
Here are a couple of updates we have made for the start of this school year:
- To help with social distancing during drop-off/pick-up, we will have a ten minute time window. Our classroom doors will be opened five minutes before the start/end of class. We will also leave our gates open an extra five minutes in the morning and afternoon.
- If parents need to pick up their child during the day, we will call down to the classroom and bring your child to the lobby. Also, we are not allowing parent volunteers until our Region is in Phase 5.
- All snacks will be prepackaged and provided by ECEC until Dec. 1st. If your child has an allergy, you are welcome to provide his/her snack.
- If you are using wrap-around services, you will not need a code at this time. In the morning, staff will be at a table right inside the ‘wrap-around’ entrance to help your child transition into the multi-purpose room or another area. Also, we will have a tent and walkie-talkie at the same entrance for families to pick up their child in the later afternoon. Staff will bring your child to you with all their belongings.
- We highly recommend sending your child with an Oaki rainsuit (or other protective wear) and boots everyday. Our playground can be very wet, messy and fun! We will have rainsuits available for purchase at parent orientation and throughout the year. The cost is $30.50.
- Please make sure you have filled out the COVID Health Screening form before your child starts school.
We will see you at Parent Orientation next week!